Age of Learning
Age of Learning
Age of Learning blends education best practices, innovative technology, and insightful creativity to bring learning to life for children across the U.S. and around the world. Based in Glendale, California, Age of Learning has a growing talented team of individuals comprised of nationally renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more.
From an IT perspective, Age of Learning has an existing traditional data center on the US West coast and a significant presence in cloud with AWS. Age of Learning wanted to transition from hardware on-premises architecture and develop a standardized multi-cloud architecture as they plan to grow and scale their business across the globe.
Customer Challenges and Requirements
Age of Learning needed a new IT architecture that was simple, scalable across AWS regions and multi-cloud, and which embraced the cloud-native constructs. Through deployment of multi-cloud architecture, Age of Learning wanted to also overcome the AWS limitation of three transit gateways per AWS Direct Connect gateway.
- Leverage native cloud constructs to connect their Data Center to AWS.
- All VPC across different AWS cloud regions home run to the US West Coast Data Center. No new Data Center.
- Design a global network architecture that is secure and scales rapidly across cloud regions and multi-cloud.
- Critical tenants for global operations – simplicity, automation, visibility, and control.
- Transition away from traditional hardware on-premises architecture that adds complexity to multi-cloud architecture.
Age of Learning combined Aviatrix and AWS to deploy and manage a cloud-native network architecture that securely connects their VPC in multiple regions to their on-premises data center. The Age of Learning team developed the cloud architecture that included:
- Aviatrix cloud-native networking for multi–region and multi-cloud, beginning with AWS
- Aviatrix Intelligent Orchestration and Control to deliver global visibility, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Scalable and secure cloud networking using simplified workflow-based deployments by Aviatrix
- Faster troubleshooting using integrated diagnostic tools
Age of Learning significantly cut operational costs by embracing Aviatrix to extend AWS cloud-native constructs for the implementation of transit network, leveraging Aviatrix TGW Orchestrator to be able to orchestrate and troubleshoot across all clouds. Architecturally, the Aviatrix solution was highly scalable, secure, and easy to deploy. Through Aviatrix’s frictionless provisioning and automation, Age of Learning simplified and accelerated on-boarding new cloud regions, cloud-network visibility, and operational control.
- Scalable, secure connectivity from multiple AWS cloud regions to their Data Center
- Simplified day-two cloud- network operational visibility and troubleshooting
- No new data centers or on-premise hardware at hotel properties
- Rapid on-boarding of new cloud regions and multi-cloud