Avis Budget Group
Avis Budget Group
ABG is one of the world’s largest car rental providers, with 600,000 vehicles in 11,000 rental locations spread across 180 countries around the world. It is the American parent company of Avis Car Rental, Budget Car Rental, BudgetTruck Rental, Payless Car Rental, Apex Car Rentals, Maggiore Group and Zipcar. The company’s headquarters are located in Parsippany, New Jersey, United States.
From an IT perspective, ABG is significantly expanding to the AWS global cloud infrastructure, while maintaining an on-premises data center presence. ABG also needs to connect together the virtual private clouds of different business units, such as Avis with Budget – while maintaining other business units isolated.
Customer Challenges and Requirements
The key requirements of ABG’s cloud infrastructure are:
- Deploy a global cloud network architecture that scales for new properties, applications and clouds.
- Simplified cloud network orchestration, automation, visibility and control.
- Connect or isolate business unit VPCs from one another, with default being isolated. Every business unit VPC is under a different AWS account.
- Automated and scalable route propagation between on-premises and cloud.
- Use AWS today and be able to seamlessly expand to different cloud providers in the future.
- Simple and efficient day-two cloud operations and network troubleshooting.
- Great customer support.
ABG combines Aviatrix and AWS to deploy, manage, scale, and monitor a cloud network architecture.
- Aviatrix cloud-native networking for cloud network architecture across multiple clouds.
- Aviatrix default segmentation of VPCs, with Aviatrix transit networking for easy VPC communication when required. It’s natively multi-account capable.
- Aviatrix secure site-to-cloud solution for encrypted site-to-cloud to cloud-based resources.
- Aviatrix bilingual, cloud-native automation for a simplified way to ensure that on-prem routes are accurately propagated to spoke VPCs, and vice-versa.
- Aviatrix Gateway to overcome the 100 routes limit for AWS routing tables, and to exchange BGP routes to Aviatrix software-defined routing and vice-versa for site-to-cloud deployment.
- Aviatrix ActiveMesh to improve network resiliency, failover convergence time and performance.
- Aviatrix architecture enables roadmap to multi-cloud application environments.
- As a result, ABG accelerates its cloud deployments from weeks to days. The combination of Aviatrix controller, step-by-step workflow and a single pane of glass operational dashboard brings simplicity to ABG for onboarding AWS accounts and VPCs onto their cloud network.
- Secure, native transit network segmentation, managed by the Aviatrix controller significantly reduces the “blast radius” of any potential issue within any VPC.
- Visibility moves from reactive to proactive, and mean time to resolution is heavily reduced thanks to Aviatrix’s built-in day-two operational visibility and powerful troubleshooting tools.
- Finally, scalability is unleashed with the possibility to increase to hundreds of VPCs without any structural change or native construct limitations.