Teradata is the world’s leading provider of pervasive data intelligence, data and analytics solutions, and hybrid cloud products. Teradata was formed in 1979 in Brentwood, as a collaboration between researchers at Caltech and Citibank’s advanced technology group.
Teradata Vantage, the flagship product, is their hybrid-cloud solution providing the ability to run powerful analytics that leverage all of a company’s data, all of the time. Teradata is on the transition journey from running Vantage on hardware on-premises to software-as-a-service in the cloud. Teradata Vantage deployment options include AWS, Azure, and soon, Google Cloud Platform.
Customer Challenges and Requirements
Teradata IntelliCloud team had three primary challenges. First, they needed a smooth transition from serving customers on all hardware on-premises environment to running on software-as-a-service across multi-clouds. Teradata’s second challenge was to support two and more different cloud environments, all evolving dynamically. They needed a single, consistent way to manage each customer’s software environment, independently, securely and across all clouds. Lastly, they found it painful to onboard customers that reduced the complexity and time it takes to connect new customers and transition existing ones to their multi-cloud network.
- Intelligent orchestration, visibility, and control for multi-cloud transit networking
- Simplified Site-to-Cloud automation to reduce customer on-boarding time
- Manage secure cloud-to-internet connections
- Create simplicity rather than manage complexity
- Single pane of glass for operational visibility across the multi-cloud network
Aviatrix cloud-native networking architecture has enabled Teradata to transition from hardware on-premises to multi-cloud network environments smoothly. Aviatrix has helped Teradata to automate customer-to-cloud network connections, which has reduced customer on-boarding down to minutes rather than days. Aviatrix Multi-cloud network orchestration enables Teradata to deploy their Vantage software as-a-service in cloud without specialized cloud specific skills.
Teradata has created a multi-cloud backbone network that securely segments customer environments while allowing Teradata engineers the ability to monitor, support and upgrade customers on demand. This allows Teradata to deliver its Vantage software as SaaS-like simplicity, agility and continuous software integration for their customers without having to rearchitect their software and build a multi-tenant SaaS offering.
- Aviatrix cloud-native networking for AWS, Azure transit networking
- Aviatrix Intelligent Orchestration and Control to deliver global visibility and monitoring
- Secure site-to-cloud automation
- Aviatrix architecture enables roadmap to multi-cloud application environments
From a business perspective, Aviatrix cloud-native networking helps Teradata onboard new customers quickly and with less human involvement from either Teradata or their customer. This results in a higher-quality customer experience with less downtime. Architecturally and operationally, the Teradata team has been able to increase network visibility and control across multiple clouds, giving them the ability to troubleshoot much faster.
- Cloud networking visibility and control
- Simplified multi-cloud network orchestration
- Secure customer environment segmentation
- Reduced time to onboard new customers