- This event has passed.
TechTalk: Top 5 Reasons Cisco CSR customers are Migrating to a Cloud Network Platform
November 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PST
Many early cloud adopters sought to maintain operational familiarity with Cisco hardware products they have on-premise by deploying the CSR 1000v virtual appliances in their AWS, Azure and GCP environments. Today enterprises are migrating away from using CSR in public cloud – it’s complex, difficult to operationalize, and lacks many of the modern, cloud-like capabilities that networking teams now require. If you are considering renewing your CSR licenses for another year, this is the event for you.
In this technical webinar, we’ll discuss what’s involved in migrating from an existing CSR deployment and the factors you should consider – including multi-cloud architecture, network segmentation, centralized management, automation, route limitations, troubleshooting and third party service insertion to name a few. You’ll also learn how a migration to a cloud network platform can help you:
- Reduce Operational Overhead – Modern, centralized controller replaces legacy-by-device configuration using CLI.
- Obtain Enterprise-Class Visibility – Detailed multi-cloud topology views, network analytics and flow visualization to overcome lack of visibility with CSR-based networks.
- Increase Performance – Achieve throughput up to 90 Gbps vs CSR Link throughput of less than 1.25 Gbps and backplane throughput of only 5 Gbps.
- Overcome Route Table Limitations – Get thousands of route table entries; CSR is limited by AWS VGW attachment to 100.
- Handle Overlapping CIDRs/IP Addresses – Manage overlapping CIDRs, CSRs do not.
Save my virtual seat!