What to look for when creating secure, auditable peering within AWS VPCs?
Why does it matter?
- There is a need for application segmentation depending on security rules, business units, cost centers and mission criticality. Thus, smaller VPCs are preferred. This leads to a comprehensive connectivity requirement across VPCs.
- There is a need for central security enforcement that implements firewall policies for cross VPC traffic.
- There is a need for enterprise grade encryption based on private keys when communicating across VPCs.
What to look for?
- For maximum cloud infrastructure agility, there is a need for orchestration of connectivity, route table updates, and firewall policies and active monitoring.
- Should be able to use non-shared keys for encryption.
- Should be able to visualize and log packet statistics for mission critical application traffic.
- Should be able to monitor and alert on peering status.
- Should be easy to troubleshoot with advanced capabilities like packet capture.
for more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org