What is SD-WAN?
SD-WAN simplifies WAN management and operations by separating network hardware from its controller. This concept is analogous to the Software Defined Networking paradigm that implements virtualization technology to improve Data Center management and operations
Importance Of SD-WAN
- 1. Customers and providers can find out in detail what application passes a WAN link, how much bandwidth is used for the application, making it easier for evaluations to optimize application performance.
- 2. Customers get the convenience of expanding WAN connectivity to new branches of the company efficiently by not depending on one provider.
- 3. Customers and providers have the convenience to increase or decrease bandwidth (flexible bandwidth) according to their current needs.
- 4. SD-WAN reduces complexity in managing various types of WAN connectivity devices (routers, firewalls, bandwidth management, load balancers, encryptor, etc)
- 5. SD-WAN allow the process of managing all WAN connectivity devices in a centralized dashboard.
- Greater agility – allows introducing changes global in all locations from a centralized platform.
- Cost reduction – a mechanism of Centralized deployment eliminates the need for configurations locally.
- Complete integration with applications existing – all applications can integrate into the network, regardless of the way to access them.
- Scalability – Simplification and faster in policy changes, updates of software and new branch deployments without putting benefits at risk.
- Technical assistance – Service of attention global 24/7 based on ITIL standards.
- Easy insertion of complementary services -in the WAN SD service, other services such as
- Security, UCC, Cloud Services or other Virtual network functions can be introduced and chained easily.
Become the cloud networking hero of your business.
See how Aviatrix can increase security and resiliency while minimizing cost, skills gap, and deployment time.